Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Meal Plan

One of my resolutions has been to break out of my normal meal plans. I love the consistency of food that I know everyone loves (or tolerates, in some cases) but am a bit bored - I do like me some variety! So I'm looking for a bit of inspiration from you, fellow FB'ers and bloggers... I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!

Here is my meal plan for this week:

S: Turkey Canelloni (from the Christmas freezer stash)
M: Roast Chicken a la Crock Pot with roasted Yams, Carrots, Potatoes & Mushrooms
T: Tortilla Soup - canned tomatoes/onion/garlic, last night's stock & leftover chicken, black beans, rice, avocado (splurge!), cheddar, cilantro, stale tortillas!
W: Prawn Pad Thai & spinach salad
T: Whole wheat Linguine with Buffalo Bolognese
F: Leftover PIZZA!
S: Wildcard - not sure yet!

What I look for? One crock pot meal, at least one meal of planned-overs, variety in my grains... I try for one seafood meal and one veggie meal a week. Always pizza on Friday to get rid of any deli meat left in the fridge!

What do your weekly meals look like?

2 comments:

desdemona said...

this week is:
*mozzarella tomato tart with basil and watermelon/fennel salad
*chicken holy basil and rice
*thai beef salad
*pork, pineapple and jalapeno kabobs
*spanish tortilla and cucumber salad
*mushroom soup, bread, salad
*fried green tomato club sandwiches

mind you, it's summer here so i have plenty of basil, cucumbers and tomatoes to use up!

Callie said...

No doubt! I'll have to revisit this one during our summer!!