Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mama Renewed

Well, it's been a while since I've last blogged - in fact, my poor second daughter Keira hasn't even had a name mention on the blogosphere yet! So I've decided to retire the old 'Lil Tri Girl' blog, but maintain the old post list so I don't lose all the writing I've done during life before kids, and Carmen's early days...

There are a few reasons I'm back.

I recently attended a relaxing, rejuvenating Mama Renew retreat held at the beautiful Rolling Earth centre on the Sunshine Coast. There was dancing, singing, EATING, naked hottubbing, visualizing, journalling, creating... I went there without a solid intention, but returned with a ton of energy and creative inspiration. We made beautiful prayer flags, which were hung lovingly over my patio door (thanks Jason!) to remind me of a few promises I made to myself.



Upon my return, I found an email in my inbox from the lovely Bonnie, requesting my presence at her monthly 'Homespun Salon' creative circle. I excitedly 'Craigslist'-ed a few baby items to put some cash together for what some might see as frivolity... I bought 2 beautiful hanks of hand-dyed merino for a sweater FOR MYSELF. To wear. In public. Crazy, I know... this is the gorgeous Whisper Cardigan by Hannah Fettig, and I am knitting it in 'Valkyrie' from Socks that Rock - 'Reds, from poppy to rust darkened with black. Midwife of change. She will walk with you up to that door and be your witness as you walk through it.' Cool, no?



And at both lovely gatherings, amazing women chatted excitedly about their blogs. Some about parenting, some about creativity, some about simply capturing their lives. And I remembered how I used to do that too... and I don't want to be a 'used-to' anymore.

And so my solid intention was born, and here I am. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

km said...

It was a lovely evening for chatting and creating! I am feeling like I could do with a Mama Renew after hearing so many good things and good energy coming from the sessions. Am very inspired. What amazing ladies! Looking forward to the next one.

Bonnie said...

You rock Callie! Can't wait to see what you post here!