Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday

Sweet, wonderful, relaxing Tuesday - oh, how I love you!

It was a full, fun day. Sunshine, Granville Island, playground, dog walk, gardening, kids in bed at a decent time, knitting, the last slice of still-moist chocolate cake from my neighbour... It's one of those days that I envisioned life as a parent would be like, where you push your kids in the swings and then share a sandwich in on a sun-warmed bench.

Sure, there were mishaps. Naked screaming kid on the deck wanting a cookie instead of lunch. Toddler pooping in the bathtub. Dog refusing to heel and wandering dangerously amongst people on bikes. Spilled soapy bubble-making water causing everyone to careen and swerve across the deck. The bruised bum cheeks that resulted.

But the world didn't come to a crashing halt. And everyone was still smiling.

Jason called me tonight, away on a three-night camping trip with his class. It was just after 8pm and the kids were already in bed. The house was quiet, and I was relaxed. I think he was expecting me to be a bit more frazzled, and was pleasantly surprised. It felt good, to not feel like I was at the end of my rope by bedtime.

It's amazing what Tuesday can do.



I didn't have an appropriate photo to share, since I ditched the camera and cell phone for the day. So instead, here is a photo of Keira eating one of the dollhouse dolls.

No comments: